Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification In English At Level 2 (NQF)
Course Code: 500/8683/2
Functional Skills English qualifications are designed to give learners the skills to operate confidently, effectively and independently in education, work and everyday life. They have been created in response to employers’ perceptions that many learners are not achieving a sufficiently firm grounding in the basics.
These qualifications have been accredited onto the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and are fully funded depending on availability
This course is ideal if you wish to improve your basic English for everyday life and to help you progress on to English GCSE or other further education courses or improve your employment prospects.
- Students on the programme will be at least 18 years of age.
- There are no formal requirements entry requirements however, you will be assessed to ensure this course is suited to your needs
The aims of these qualifications are to develop learner understanding and skills in:
- Speaking, Listening and Communication – make a range of contributions to discussions in a range of contexts, including those that are unfamiliar, and make effective presentations.
- Reading – select, read, understand and compare texts and use them to gather information, ideas, arguments and opinions.
- Writing – write a range of texts, including extended written documents communication information, ideas and opinions, effectively and persuasively.
Speaking, listening and communication is internally assessed.
Reading and writing are externally assessed.
Learners could progress from these qualifications to:
- GCSEs in English
- other related qualifications.