Edexcel Functional Skills Qualification In Mathematics At Entry 1/ Entry 2/ Entry 3
Course CodeEntry 1: 500/9172/4,
Entry 2: 500/9196/7,
Entry 3: 500/9295/9
Functional Skills Mathematics qualifications are designed to give learners the skills to operate confidently, effectively and independently in education, work and everyday life. They have been created in response to employers’ perceptions that many learners are not achieving a sufficiently firm grounding in the basics.
These qualifications have been accredited onto the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) and are fully funded depending on availability
This course is ideal if you wish to improve your basic maths for everyday life and to help you progress on to Maths GCSE or other further education courses or improve your employment prospects.
- Students on the programme will be at least 18 years of age.
- There are no formal requirements entry requirements however, you will be assessed to ensure this course is suited to your needs
The aims of these qualifications are to develop learner understanding and skills in:
- Representing – selecting the mathematics and information to model a situation.
- Analysing – processing and using mathematics.
- Interpreting – interpreting and communication the results of the analysis.
The awarding and certification of this qualification will comply with the requirements of the Office of the Qualifications and Examinations Regulator (Ofqual). The qualification will be awarded as a pass or fail. The result for a learner who fails to reach the minimum standard for a pass to be awarded will be recorded as U (unclassified) and will not be certificated.
Learners could progress from this award to:
- Edexcel Functional Skills qualification in Mathematics at Level 1
- level 1 BTEC qualifications in a relevant vocational sector
- other related qualifications.